Awesome is always a great thing. And sometimes it is the little things that make all the difference when it comes to putting a smile on the faces of your customers. Smiles equal delight! 🙂
- Marathon Grill delighted me with a simple but oh so awesome hard red and white swirl straw they put in my to-go cup of water. It was cute, cooky and it put a smile on my face.
- I think it is the cutest little thing when I shop at Whole Foods and I see little ones walking around pushing shopping carts that are just their size. Kids often go to the grocery store with their parents, and creating something that enables them to be an active participant in the process is just plain awesome.
- Delivering something awesome and unexpected doesn’t have to be related to your core business. It could be an added touch to an ancillary service that makes the difference.
- Delivering something awesome and unexpected doesn’t have to be just for your primary customer. It can be for your customers’ kids, or their pets, or their spouses. They are important to your customer. So if you find a way to put a smile on their faces, you are likely going to put a smile on your customers’ faces as well. It’s a win-win.
Application for your business
- Brainstorm five small things you can do to delight your customers.
- Write down three additional people who are important to your customers that you can delight with something small, unexpected, and awesome.
1-22. Section 1: Build a relationship with your customers (series)
23-48. Section 2: Make your customers’ lives better (series)
49-62. Section 3: Reward your customers (series)
63. Be cool (code for be yourself)
64. Love what you do (and let it show)
65. Give your business some G.A.S.
67. Take care of your awesome people
68. Be remarkable
69. Be memorable
70. Shake things up