Dear Sleep Suit: I Love You
How to create remarkable customer experiences that earn loyalty (and don’t leave you broke)
Increasingly, great products and services aren’t enough to earn loyal customers. Especially in crowded and noisy markets where there are constant pulls for your customers’ attention. Thus unremarkable experiences, even when customers are satisfied, are soon forgotten. No bueno.
Your customers are craving experiences that shock them from the intoxicating lull of the status quo and make them take notice.
Thus, it is no surprise that one research report showed 86 percent of buyers will pay more for a customer experience. That same study found that customer experience will overtake price and product as the key brand differentiator by 2020.
You’ve got to create an experience for your customer that is remarkable. One that transcends the transaction, and connects them to you at a deeper, more emotional level. One that demonstrates to your customers that you “get them” and value them as individuals. One that makes them feel like they belong with you.
And to do that consistently, and in a manner that is still profitable for you, you’ve got to plan in advance what experience you want to deliver, and how you will do it over and over again.
- Author of a book and workbook on customer delight, Delight Inside: Build Your Dream Business That Keeps Customers Coming Back for More
- Author of eBook, 95 Ways to Get Your Customers to Love You
- 15+ years as a marketer and entrepreneur with a focus on how to get and keep customers
A Few of My Published Articles on the Topic:
- What happens when you put a NYC subway where it doesn’t belong? A remarkable customer experience (Inc.)
- 3 Ways to create a startup that people will want to tell their friends about (Inc.)
- How to build a remarkable business (Sonia Thompson)
- Kim Kardashian gave a masterclass on customer loyalty at a Kanye West concert. And we should all pay attention (Inc.)
- How you respond to boredom determines the quality of your customer experiences. Here’s why (Inc.)
- Why people can’t stop talking about this Burger Joint (Inc.)
- How to create the best emotional connections with your customers (Inc.)
- 1 Common mistake makes customers run away. Here’s how to avoid it (Inc.)
- Don’t keep your admiration for your customers a secret. 7 Ways to show them how much you care (Inc.)
- Your secret weapon to winning your customers’ loyalty (Big Brand System)