We know that inclusive marketing is the future of marketing. As we move towards this future, more and more cutting-edge tools are becoming available to help brands assess their progress.
How inclusive is your brand’s visual communication? In this episode, I had the pleasure of speaking with Raquelle Zuzarte, Founder and CMO of Equity Project for All, and Frederico Salvitti, Tech & AI, Specialist. Their AI platform, Gradient, shows brands where they stand on diversity and inclusion through comprehensive data-driven analysis of their visual imagery.
Welcome to Inclusion and Marketing, the show that’s all about helping you win the attention, adoration and loyalty of more consumers, especially those with differences that are often ignored by brands. I’m your host, Sonia Thompson, a marketer and someone with a lot of differences. Let’s get to it.
Our conversation will cover
- What is the current state of representation and marketing from a diversity and inclusion standpoint?
- What examples of major brands or industries have been making strides in these categories?
- How to build customer intimacy through listening and observation.
- The importance of authentically and sincerely expressing your brand’s core purpose.
- How brands can start building stories around people who have traditionally been underrepresented and underserved.
- How the Implicit Association Test can help you recognize and address your blind spots.
Access the full transcript of the episode here.
If you like the show, I’d love it if you’d subscribe to the channel and leave a rating interview for it. It really does help the show and helps others discover it. And wouldn’t it be great if there were more people practicing inclusion and making more people feel like they belong? I think so. Also, I want to hear from you. If you have a question, a comment on this episode, a previous episode or in general, or if you would just wanna say hi, I like those kinds of messages too. Send me a voicemail at inclusivemarketing.co/voicemail. That’s inclusive marketing.co/voicemail. I’d love to feature your question and comments on the show.
Until next time. Remember, everyone deserves to have a place where they belong. Let’s use our individual and collective power to ensure more people feel like they do.
Somebody’s waiting on you.
Thanks for listening.