Everyone has a story. When you allow your customers to share theirs, it helps them connect with you and others in your community (see tip #44). You might be surprised at just how much people like to share.
- Salesforce.com highlights customer stories right on the homepage of their website. By telling the stories in both video and text, the company is really able to show their customers in a nice light.
- Did you know there are over 400 million blogs on the internet? Yeah, that’s a whole lot. And although the blogs are on various topics, many of them are an outlet to let their owners tell their story to the world in some way shape or form.
- Plan out a regular feature that allows you to highlight the story of one of your customers. It could be in the form of a case study or some other means. But by planning out a way to tell stories in advance, it becomes easier for you to consistently carry out the plan.
- The stories your customers tell doesn’t have to be about experience with your product. It could be just about their journey.
Application for your business
- Brainstorm three ways you can let your customers to tell their story.
- Make a list of criteria that would warrant you to tell a customer story.
53. Be thoughtful