Your customers do interesting things. If you find they are doing cool things with your products, try letting your customers be the star by sharing their stories with the world.
- GoPro makes their customers the star on their website by showcasing photos and video of them doing cool stuff with their cameras.
- Did you know that YouTube is now the world’s second largest search engine? The whole premise of YouTube is to let customers be the star by allowing them to upload their own videos. And clearly, millions of people have shown just how much they enjoy being the star.
- Ask your customers to share their experiences with your product or their thoughts on a specific topic. By focusing the parameters with how you make your customers the star, you’ll get better results on getting them to participate.
- Provide your customers an incentive for letting their star shine bright. While there are tons of people who like all eyes to be on them, there are plenty of others who may need a bit of coaxing.
Application for your business
- Brainstorm three ways you can make your customers the star in your business.
- Make a list of five incentives you can give your customers to be the star.
53. Be thoughtful